Dirah Academy USA North East covers New York (NY), Connecticut (CT), Massachusets (MA), Vermont (VT), New Hamsphire (NH), Maine (ME). If you live outside this area click here.
LEARN VEDIC (INDIAN) ASTROLOGY BY LEARNING MORE ABOUT YOURSELF
Vedic Astrology Course on the basis of your own horoscope
This is what Richard Houck, author of The Astrology of Death and Digital Astrology says about the course:
"I often have people ask me
about where they can learn basic Vedic astrology from a person rather than a book.
The Dirah Academy offers a personalized 14-lesson correspondence course that is probably the best combination of simplicity, clarity, practicality, usefulness and cost value on the world market today.
How can you beat having fun with your own chart while learning Vedic astrology for about $20 a lesson? I don't know how they do it."
Learn how to apply the Indian system of predictive astrology and foresee your own future.
Choose your own appropriate (semi-) precious stone, colour and mantra.
Learn about the relationship between the Vedic horoscope and ayurveda (Indian natural healing), which will enable you to use ayurveda in juxtaposition to astrology.
Vedic astrology is a form of astrology that is 5OOO years old. Increasing numbers of Western astrologers are discovering the value of Vedic astrology. In the Western world interest for Vedic astrology is steadily growing.
It is now possible to follow a correspondence/email course in applied Vedic astrology.
Following a correspondence course means studying when and where you wish and at your own pace.
Contents of the course: The course includes among other things, the interpretation of a Vedic horoscope, the role of harmonic horoscopes, the Indian system of predictive astrology (dasas), yogas in the horoscope, Vedic methods of treatment (choosing the (semi-) precious stone, colour and mantra), the relationship to ayurveda (how to determine the ayurvedic physical type from the horoscope).These subjects are treated in fourteen extensive lessons.
Applied Indian Astrology: This course will enable you to understand Vedic astrology and what you can achieve with it. In the course, the accent is placed on the practical application of Indian astrology, hence the special attention to Vedic treatment methods and ayurveda.
The material in the course is clearly laid out.
The language used is simple and easy to understand.
Every lesson contains assignments which will show the relationship between your own horoscope and the contents of the lesson.
Work procedure: The assignments are to be returned either per post or email. Should you use email, you will receive the corrected assignments plus helpful remarks on your work within a maximum of 7 days.
Personal support from the course supervisor: Should you have any questions regarding the subject matter, send an email and you will receive a prompt reply.
Course results: Once you have finished the course you will be able to interpret a Vedic horoscope, apply Vedic predictive astrology and make the correct choice of Vedic treatment methods and ayurveda (deciding the physical type).
The course includes: A handsome binder in which to keep your course and notes, the course material, your personal Vedic horoscope print-out and written corrections and guidance during the length of the course.
Admission: A basic knowledge of (Western) astrology is helpful, If in doubt, contact the Academy and ask for the astrology primer. This is a small course which teaches you the basics so you can do the course Applied Vedic Astrology. The fee for the astrology primer is $ 50. The primer contains 7 short lessons, 14 pages and 3 assignments on the basis of your own chart.
Fee: Two terms of $ 135 if the course can be sent over the internet as a Word file, two terms of $ 180 if the course material has to be sent by regular mail.
Your teacher is Gary Gomes.
Gary Gomes, was among the first wave of Westerners to take up Hindu astrology and is a former President of the College of Vedic Astrology (CVA) located in Sedona, Arizona.
He has also lectured on Hindu Astrology throughout the continental United States, in Hawaii and in England. He has also written extensively on this system of astrology, and has been published in the United States, England, France, South Africa, Australia, and India.
His honors include being recognized and certified by the Bharata Vidya Bhavan, an Indian institution devoted to traditional Hindu knowledge, as an expert in Hindu Astrology. Gary holds degrees in Sociology and Business Administration from the University of Massachusetts.
He is an ordained Swami of the Temple of Kriya Yoga and is a duly initiated practicing Hindu of the Shaivite tradition. He has studied Hindu Astrology with several prominent Indian and American astrologers, is certified to instruct Jyotish (Hindu Astrology) by the American Council of Vedic Astrology, has organized an Institute for instruction in Jyotish in the New England area, and has done charts for thousands of individuals from different parts of the United States and the world.
He is also an Assistant Professor of Jyotisha (Hindu Astrology) at the Hindu University of America and is a Reiki Master.
Gary is the co-owner of the metaphysical bookstore Crystalexpectations which is located at 854 Brock Avenue, New Bedford, MA 02744, USA. The telephone number is 508.990.7898.
To apply: Email Gary Gomes CrystalExpectations@comcast.net and ask him for the application form.
YOU WANT TO SEE A LESSON? CLICK ON THIS TEXT AND YOU WILL SEE THE LESSON ON YOGAS IN VEDIC ASTROLOGY.
AND CLICK ON THIS TEXT TO SEE THE LESSON ON HOW TO USE YOUR VEDIC HOROSCOPE TO DETERMINE YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL TYPE
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE CONTENTS OF THE COURSE
The best way to avoid misunderstanding
1. Registration is confirmed as soon as the completed application form is received.
2. Gary Gomes, the teacher of Dirah Academy USA North East is the course supervisor.
3. As soon as registration is confirmed, the personal horoscope, binder and the first seven lessons will be sent to the student.
4. The course supervisor is obliged to return the completed assignments within seven days after receiving the assignments; both corrected and furnished with comments. Exceptions to this rule are situations beyond the control of the supervisor, e.g. sickness, etc. and holidays. The student will receive notice when this occurs.
5. A good student-supervisor relationship is essential. The supervisor will do everything he can to guide the student through the material. The student should always be polite. Rudeness will not be tolerated. If according to the supervisor rude behaviour takes place the student will receive one warning. If the student persists he will loose all rights.
6. The student has the right to support by email.
7. a. Should the student not return his assignments or in any way absent himself for a period of three months, the student will lose all his rights.
b. The student may ask for a temporary halt to his study for a maximum period of four months.
8. The student can write to the course supervisor that he would like to stop the course. If he does so before he sends in the assignment for the fifth lesson, he has no further obligations. Otherwise, the student is obliged to pay the second term.
9. Paid terms will never be refunded.
10. Once the final assignment has been assessed as satisfactory, the course supervisor is obliged to issue the student with the certificate of Applied Vedic Astrology. A second chance is possible!
Questions? Send email:CrystalExpectations@comcast.net
THE CONTENTS OF THE COURSE
1. INTRODUCTION: AIM AND METHODS OF THIS COURSE
1.1 THE AIM OF THIS COURSE
1.2 OUR METHOD
2. WHY INDIAN (VEDIC) ASTROLOGY
2.1 THE HOLY ASTROLOGY OF INDIA
2.2 TROPICAL AND SIDEREAL ZODIAC
2.3 HOW TO MAKE AN INDIAN HOROSCOPE
3. SIGNS AND PLANETS IN INDIAN ASTROLOGY
3.1 THE SIGNS
4. THE FUNCTIONING OF PLANETS
4.1 THE PLANETS, FRIENDS OR ENEMIES
4.2 THE INFLUENCE OF THE SPEED OF PLANETS
5. THE HOUSES IN INDIAN ASTROLOGY
5.1 SIGNIFICACES OF THE HOUSES
5.2 CLASSIFICATION OF HOUSES
5.3 PLANETS AS INDICATORS OF THE HOUSES
6. THE LORDS OF THE HOUSES
6.1 WORKING WITH THE LORDS OF THE HOUSES
7. PLANETS AND HOUSES
7.1 THE POSITION OF THE PLANETS IN THE HOUSES
8.1 THE CONJUNCTION
8.2 TRUE ASPECTS (ACCORDING TO THE PARASHARI SYSTEM)
8.3 THE TAJAKA (WESTERN) ASPECTS
9. YOGA'S IN ASTROLOGY
9.1 PANCHA MAHAPURUSHA YOGA'S
9.2 PARIVARTANA YOGA'S
9.3 SCISSORS YOGA'S (KARTARI YOGA'S)
9.4 VARIOUS YOGA'S
9.5 THE POSITION OF YOGA'S
10. PREDICTIVE ASTROLOGY: THE DASAS
10.1 INTERPRETING MAHA DASAS
10.2 THE ROLE OF THE BHUKTI DASAS AND THE ANTARA DASA
10.3 THE TECHNIQUE FOR CALCULATING THE DASAS
10.4 TECHNIQUE FOR CALCULATING BHUKTI DASAS AND ANTARA DASAS
10.5 MATURING OF THE PLANETS
11. HARMONIC HOROSCOPES
11.1 SECOND HARMONIC (HORA)
11.2 THIRD HARMONIC (DREKKANA)
11.3 NINTH HARMONIC (NAVAMSA)
11.4 TENTH HARMONIC (DASAMSA)
11.5 EXACT TIME OF BIRTH IS VERY IMPORTANT
11.6 INTERPRETING THE HARMONIC HOROSCOPES
12. METHODS OF TREATMENT USED BY THE INDIAN ASTROLOGER
12.1 THE ROLE OF THE METHODES OF TREATMENT USED
12.2 A SUMMARY OF THE VARIOUS TREATMENTS.
12.3 WEARING PRECIOUS AND SEMI-PRECIOUS STONES
12.4 COLOUR THERAPY
13. AYURVEDA: VEDIC HEALING
13.1 THE THREE DOSHA'S
13.2 ASTROLOGICAL ESTABLISHMENT OF THE THREE DOSHA'S
13.3 THE CONSEQUENCES OF A DISTURBANCE IN THE DOSHA HARMONY AND ITS TREATMENT
14. THE FINAL ASSIGNMENT: INTERPRETING YOUR VEDIC HOROSCOPE
ANNEX 1: TOOLS FOR STUDYING JYOTISH
1. FOR BEGINNERS
2. FOR THE SOMEWHAT ADVANCED STUDENT
3. FOR THE ADVANCED STUDENT
4. PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
ANNEX 2: COURSE AGREEMENTS
ANNEX 3: HERE YOU WILL FIND A SCHEME OF THE MOST IMPORTANT TERMS USED IN THIS COURSE
ANNEX 4: ORDER A VEDIC HOROSCOPE OF PEOPLE YOU KNOW
ANNEX 5: HINDU LUNAR ZODIAC CARDS
ANNEX 6: INDEX OF USED VEDIC ASTROLOGICAL TERMS
AND OF COURSE YOU WILL FIND YOUR PERSONAL VEDIC HOROSCOPE ADDED TO THE COURSE MATERIAL!